Only five more get-ups!

Here we are, fast approaching the final week of term. I think our little chickens have done brilliantly. Although I can see they are tired, they have coped admirably with full time school. They have learnt lots of new rules, met lots of new people and made lots of new friends. I am sure they will be ready for a rest by the end of next week and will be full of beans again by the start of term two.

This week in Literacy, we have been reading and writing curly c sounds and beginning to blend two and three sounds together, You could try this out on your Wren by sounding out words for them to hear, so you could say, “Go and clean your t   ee   th” , can they hear the word teeth?

In Maths we have been counting and comparing numbers using numicon (this is a resource that shows numbers in the form a tile with holes in). We have been saying which numbers are bigger/smaller/more/less. We also had a go at writing numbers using a video by Jack Hartmann – have a look, it is good fun!

Wrens had a brilliant trip to Sainsburys, they were all so well behaved and very excited. I was very proud of them all. A massive thank you to the parents who came to help us, without your help, the trip could not have gone ahead. The children enjoyed exploring the fruit and vegetables and comparing weights and sizes.

Finally, next Thursday at 9.15 am we will be having a nursery rhyme show. We will hold it in the hall so the children can perform on stage. It would be lovely if you could join us for this, it will probably last around half an hour or so.  I will send a text to confirm this for you.

Have a lovely weekend!

5 thoughts on “Only five more get-ups!

1. Hazel Mullen

S was so excited about her first school trip! Some of that excitement might have been about going to the bakery afterwards though…..😆

Reply