Wrens beginning to fly…

Hi Everyone

We have had such a busy week but is has been great fun. In maths we have been “adding on one more” and beginning to add numbers together. Next week we are exploring weights and measures and we will be using the language of comparison to talk about things that are taller/shorter/longer/heavier/lighter.

In Letters and Sounds and our English work, we have been writing letters to Mr. Williams to say “Thank you” for our new garden area. The children also drew pictures of him (which made me laugh..a lot!) and I have sent those off this week,¬† I am sure he will be thrilled to receive them. The children have clearly been taking in lots of information because in RE with Mrs Green, when the children¬† were talking about people who were special them, they actually said that Mr Williams was very special because he made our garden lovely. I think that is so nice of our Wrens – what little poppets they are!

We have also been have lots of chats about “choosing respect” which is the anti-bullying theme for this year. Over the term, Wrens will be thinking about how they show respect and who shows respect to them and we will be using their ideas to make a film which we will share with the rest of the school next term.

Next week in our topic work, we are going to be using non-fiction books and technology to learn about Diwali. As we continue through the term, we will be comparing Diwali with Christmas and noting similarities and differences.

We have some great words on our Vocabulary wall so far. It would be great if you could talk to your Wren about the words and please, do let me know if you hear them use these at home – I would find that so exciting: ceremony, festival, celebration, invite, altogether (we used this in maths). Next we are adding: Diwali, rangoli, Hindu, pray, diya (or diva, as in diva lamp).

Have a lovely weekend, I look forward to catching up with you at Parents Evening on Monday or Tuesday.

Enjoy the weekend and stay safe!